Wednesday, July 15, 2009



Hi this is Rett,

(That is Rett and the Gang, which consist of me, Rett, Walker, my guy, and all our little curly wavy furry bunny rabbits !! )

Rainy, our curly wavy broken black, Astrex Rabbit doe, had her first litter of kits on July 7, 2009, last Tuesday. We are very thankful for this wonderful new litter and curly kits !! She had a litter of 4 but the smallest, a broken black kit, was lost as a new born of 1 day old. The remaining 3 are doing wonderful ! It looks as if we have a broken tort, a broken opal (or tort) and definitely an albino.
The kits are now 8 days old and will be getting their eyes open in a couple of days. Their little ears are already opening as I can tell they "hear" me now when I hold them to my face and kiss their little heads while speaking to them.

Rainy is being an absolutely wonderful mommie bunny !! All my Mommie Bunnies are usually wonderful mommies...and I'm grateful for this, because losing tiny newborns breaks my heart. With any animal in any species babies will be lost...that's just part of breeding, but it still always hurts me....sigh.

We are expecting another Astrex Rabbit litter soon, from little Dutchess, a blue doe. YY is the father of this upcoming litter.

Rett (Ms. Loretta Ann Bowman)
www.AstrexRabbits.org

No comments:

Post a Comment